Friday, October 15, 2004

Dom's week from hell

My bad week started off with things all going wrong at work. Biggest issue of our biggest magazine and I couldn't get the biggest item of the issue produced. Lots of stress, liberally mixed with swearing at people who couldn't answer back (unfair, but necessary unfortunately) and then putting on brave face to the outside world. Sort of succeeded on the final bit because everyone still thinks I am their rock (to coin a crap expression!)

Got that sorted by Tuesday evening. Cue much sighing of relief. Was tempted to drink to celebrate, but resisted.

Wednesday was amusing to begin with as Munich airport was fog bound. I was the last of four people to leave London (0930 flight for Dom - no getting up at 0430 for me this time!!), and somehow the first to arrive. The others had been diverted to all sorts of airports around Germany to wait fog out. I waited in business lounge in Heathrow. Spot the mugs!!
Day then got significantly worse when buyer of my flat pulled out. Bastards. Which left me completely in the shit because I still really want to buy the house I found.

Cue three days of running around trying to find alternative solution to still keep house process moving. Have been given some options and will analyze them to see if I'm comfortable with them. Everyone around me has given advice (which I'm grateful for), and I still have no idea what I'll do.
Bad week also got to me and caused me to be a shit to Janet and 'bit of and atmosphere' last night. We kissed and made up, but I was a bit of a shit really. I seem to have a great ability to push those I care for most away for the most stupid reasons. No idea where this skill came from, but seems to be in the genes or something. Maybe I was a shit when I was young? Must ask parents/family/friends about that one.

In between all of the above have tried to keep job going, laid off three people (which didn't help the situation) and bitten my tongue.

Roll on the week-end and some r'n'r!

No comments: