Friday, December 10, 2004

House update

Have arranged to have all my shit collected from the flat and moved to the house. As instructed I prepared a list of everything I own and discovered it was disappointingly small. The left (sensible) part of my bran is saying it's because I don't spend (too) much money and besides I don't have the room in the flat to leave lots of stuff lying around. The right (dangerous) side of my brain is saying I should have tried harder over the last few years. At least that is arranged now and I have a week to find some boxes and pack stuff in them.

I looked at the list of what I should have done/be doing and got depressed about it. So I decided to deal with changing addresses and turning off gas and stuff until Monday. Who works on a Friday afternoon anyway?! Apart from me.

One good thing is that I won't be in Munich next week so I'll actually have some time to start packing and dismantling furniture. The really bad side of that is I won't get to see Janet until after Christmas now.
Which I'm pretty gutted about and means this will be the longest we will have been apart since we started going out. Which sounds a bit soppy, but I'm that kind of guy...

I don't really know how I feel about the whole thing really. I think I will be sad to leave the flat because it has been a huge part of my life. And like everything you never forget your first time. I've also put a huge amount of blood, sweat and tears into the flat (literally as well as metaphorically) and I'm a little bit torn about giving that all up. It will be nice to be in a nicer area, with a bigger place. And to have a garden, drive, etc....

As an aside I pulled on the top draw of my filing cabinet and the whole front fell off. Followed a second later by the front of the bottom draw. And then rapidly followed by all of the contents of both drawers spilling onto my feet. So I'm guessing the cabinet will not be coming to the house with me. I knew I should have gone to Argos instead of Ikea.

No comments: