Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A significant day

I've completed on my new house. I'm going to collect the keys this afternoon and I'm very happy about it. When I was told that everything had gone through yesterday I was happy, but mainly just pleased that the hassle was over.

I was thinking last night though and I realised that actually yesterday was a hugely significant day for Janet and I. The new property is 'our' house, not just mine. Although it is in my name at the moment it is a place that we chose together. We will both be going into it from the starting point, whereas with my flat it was always mine and she was more of a guest in it. I decorated it in my style and had my furniture in it and so on. With the house it is already decorated and will be furnished with my stuff for a while, but with hers as well when she comes over next year. And any changes will be agreed by both of us. We've even chosen a fridge together. Which is, like, so romantic!

This is a bit of a mushy post, but I think I need to make some sort of mark about yesterday.

No comments: