Friday, January 14, 2005

Ipods and mp3 players resolved


I've bitten the bullet and ordered an Ipod. Haven't looked at all of the options I reluctantly concede that it probably is the best mp3 player. And iTunes is kind of cool. And it does look alright in white.

I have been trying to find a way to get one a bit cheaper (just on principle), but short of going to live outside the EU there's no way I can even just claim tax back.

I do feel a bit like I've come over all Darth Vader (gone to the Evil Empire - or is that Microsoft?!) though. I don't feel soiled, but maybe a little grubby. The next thing you'll see is I'll be buying a G5 or something similar. Aaaarrrggggghhh ...

4 comments:

filthy cute! said...

haha, you did it!? i just can't bring myself to go over to the dark side . . . i have peeked though. just yesterday i was looking at the ipod shuffle . . . i feel tainted just admitting it! but, i do have to admit that apple seems to have many satisfied customers. *sigh* i just strongly resist anything originally designed for a mac user . . .

;-)
c.

Pep said...

Hi Dom, the lovely Val asked that we drop by and say hi, so... em... hi!
I just luurrvvee my iPod, it's the best prezzie ever and I'm never without it. The though of going on hols without a CD player and about a million CD's hogging the suitcases is just brilliant!
Good choice, sir! Don't feel grubby, I'm on Microsofties side and Uncle Bill hasn't killed me for having one (yet).

:)

cedia said...

everyone is getting one.. but not me. I got myself a Sony NetMD back when it was like $300. I few years ago. Can't believe I paid that much. Anyhoo, didn't use it much. Getting an iPod would be a waste for me.

I'll save the money for a new laptop instead, like the sony laptop that's about 1 point something pounds. Super light. Super thin.

Dom said...

Thanks for all of your thoughts. I do feel a bit tainted having now put my order in for an Ipod. But I think it will improve my quality of life. And it does seem better than some of the other mp3 players. I'll let you know if I still like it once I receive it ina week or so!!