Sunday, April 17, 2005

London Marathon 2005


This week-end was the 25th London marathon. The above picture was my friend Aaron and I at the end of the 2003 edition. Our first marathon. and run in very similar conditions that year to this time round. This post is dedicated to everyone who ran in 2005. You are all heroes and just lining up at the start gives you entry to a very elite group. And whether you just take part or finish no-one will ever be able to take the achievement away from you. And it means you have nothing to prove to anyone again. Ever. There's one of those No Fear adverts which says 'Either you ran today, or you didn't'. Everyone who lines up on the start line can think of that, say it and be proud.

And I would say to anyone who has never done anything like this, give it a shot. It doesn't matter if you run or not (I don't really), something like this is amazing to be part of, and is something you will carry with you for the rest of your lives. As you can see from Aaron and my faces in the pic. We are both dog tired, but so proud. I can even forgive myself the 'good' idea to bleach my hait and stick some face paint on!

No comments: