Sunday, June 19, 2005

MOJO awards 2005


I had the privilege oif attending the MOJO magazine music awards a couple of days ago, in West London. And they were the best awards I have ever been to. Really relaxed, friendly, great setting and very welcoming even to industry outsiders like me. Because it was so relaxed (no press inside the hall) everyone was quite happy to chat. Or be approached as I was doing to them. So I met Paul Weller (not a huge fan, but had heard of him), Slash from Guns'n'Roses (softly spoken), The Edge from U2 (was wearing a tea cosy on his head), Siouxie Sioux (lovely), Sinead o'Connor (see pic and really so sweet, and she gave the most wonderful hug), Sean Ryder and Bez from the Happy Mondays (odd), Suggs and Madness (very funny and the most normal blokes there) and others.

Unfortunately I only had my camera phone and didn't take many pics. Was hoping some pics would be online by now, but no sign yet. It has coloured my opinion of music stars because they are just normal people like you and me. and when they are taken away from the hassle of their jobs they are quite chatty, decent people for the most part.

And, yes, I know I am a HUGELY lucky git!

PS: Pep - Siouxie Sioux was really friendly and she looked gorgeous (she makes the fishnet/Goth look REALLY work), even more so considering her age.

No comments: