Tuesday, July 26, 2005

London update

It turns out that the bombers last week were connected to the attack on July 7, which is slightly worrying. It makes you wonder how many of these buggers are out there just waiting to try and blow something else up. Thankfully they maganed to cause a lot less chaos then before last week.

I get the feeling that the city was shaken again by last weeks attempted attack. Possibly even more than after the July 7 attacks. Probably because it's now dawning on people that this was not an isolated incident. I know that many people, including me, have done a lot of soul searching about travelling into town everyday. Because it's the school holidays here the roads and public transport network are much quieter anyway. But I'm wondering if a lot of people are now reluctant to come into town. On the underground trains in the morning you see a lot of people watching each other a lot more than you used to. There is definitely a sense of tension around now.

I travel through one of the stations that was attacked last week, on a twice daily basis. Yesterday wa the first time I went through it since last week and I will admit I was a little bit nervous for the first time in my life. The attacks are random so I'm not particularly worried about there being another bomber on my train. But more because it has hit home that I could have been on that train when it was attacked.

I'm not scared of much (except spiders), and I am determined not to let these idiots affect my life. But I am feeling a bit more nervous. My family and friends are being great about not checking up on all of my movemens all the time, but I know they are worried as well. This is not a good situation to be in right now!

No comments: