Friday, August 05, 2005

And today's amusing story concerns ...

... me!

My boss walks into my office at 14.30 today, Friday.

Boss: We have to move offices (in chatty tone).
Dom: OK (thinking happy thoughts because I don't like our decor).
Dom: Where are we going?
Boss: Don't know yet.
Dom: OK, when are we moving (growing suspicious)?
Boss: We have to move on Monday.
Dom: Monday? Which Monday (thinking I'm sure we have a months notice)?
Dom: (surely we have at least a months notice.)
Boss: This Monday. Otherwise the bailiffs will come and change the locks on the doors.
Dom: (stunned)....this Monday?
Boss: Yes.
Dom: And we don't know where we're going yet?
Boss: No, I need you to sort that out asap.
Boss: And find a removal company that can come in on Monday morning and move us.
Boss: And speak to IT so that they can come in at the week-end and dismantle everything. We have to be out of here on Monday.

Unfortunately this isn't a joke. We are moving offices on Monday, having been informed by the management on Friday afternoon.

Update to follow if I survive this move and don't get jailed for beating ten bells of shit out of my boss. Who, incidentally, broke the good news and then buggered off to his boat shortly afterwards!

No comments: