Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Bank Holiday week-end

Here is the seafront on the south Coast of england. Typical of many seaside resorts in the UK. This is Portsmouth.


Last week-end was a public holiday in the UK. One of the few that we get each year. Far fewer than our European cousins (not that I'm bitter). Traditionally the weather is shocking, but this time it turned out alright. I spent some of the holiday at home with my folks, as you can see here.

Me, mum and dad in their front garden.

Realised it has been nearly 6 months since I was last home - how bad is that?! Guess time really does fly, and we have plenty of contact, but still. I love their house and village. It is so tranquil and energising. Each time I go there I promise myslf I will be back soon. Doesn't always happen soon enough unfortunately ...

Then it was off to the coast to enjoy a few rays with some friends and catch the festivities there celebrating the end of Summer. Abba tribute band/few drinks/firework show. Usual stuff....



And to close a couple of sunset pictures in Portsmouth showing the skyline and landmarks. A fitting end to a good few days.

No comments: