Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Moving office part 2



As some of you may have read, last week was comedy week in my office. The boss decided to surprise us (me!) with a last-minute office move. The move duly happened on Monday amid much chaos and swearing. But we had a whole 13 person office, with associated crap moved and in the new place by 3pm that day. Which I think is pretty impressive actually.

We were right in the centre of London, but we are now near an area called Canary Wharf which is by the old docklands area. I think it’s really nice because it’s away from the hassle and hustle of the city centre. It’s also close enough to my house for me to drive. So no more public transport for Dom!!

There’s lots of unpacking still to do. And at the moment we have no phones, no internet, no e-mail. We are networked internally, but there’s only so much fun to be had by e-mailing colleagues across the office!! Hopefully it’ll all be up and running by next week.

And the best news is that we might be moving again in four weeks to a permanent office! But I’m not even thinking about that yet. Too depressing!!

No comments: