Sunday, April 12, 2009

Visit to Shipham


With it being Easter and with a long week-end break we went back to Waycroft to spend a bit of time with my parents. With Easter being late this year we were blessed with wonderful weather, almost good enough for the shorts that I didn’t bring with me! Having completed all of the building work on the house my parents are now much more chilled and I think this holiday was among the best we have had as a family there. Mum and dad were keen to spend plenty of time with us, and to take Meg off our hands, which really gave Theresa and I a break. With life being so hectic we rarely get much time to sit down and chill out, read books or just have a general chat. So being able to sit outside in relative warmth and with wonderful fresh air was so welcome I cannot find words to describe. The air is so fresh and clean there as well that we went to bed tired from just breathing it in, which is something we don’t get in London.


Theresa and I have just booked a small holiday in the Summer and we are going to leave Meg with my parents for the time we’re away. We’ve decided that we deserve a few days of just us being a couple. Especially after some of the trials and tribulations this year. While I will miss Meg a lot I really can’t wait as well. And this week-end was kind of a trial run for my parents, us and Meg and I think everyone passed with flying colours.

Meg had a great time too. The house is so big and open that even she starts to flag after a full day of running around it. And the garden has become her personal race track. She and the dog seem to have reached an understanding and generally don’t harass each other as much. And most important of all she was so pleased to see her grandparents and seemed quite happy to be left their in their care all of the time.


We went to see my aunt and uncle, who we hadn’t caught up with for a few months now which was lovely as well. Meg tried skipping for the first time and we all had a lovely meal and chat. It’s sometimes a bit awkward trying to keep up conversation, but this time it was lovely. And we heard all about my cousins wedding next year which will be the society event of the Summer I suspect, but does sound wonderful.




No comments: