Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve 2004

It's nearly Christmas and I am back in Shipham at mum and dad's. I used to call Shipham 'home', but I think my new house is home now really. My previous flat never really was for some reason. It feels lovely to back in the countryside. I woke up this morning to gentle winter sun streaming through the window and a gloriously crisp day. It rained a lot last night so the air is nice and clean and clear. It doesn't look like we'll get any snow, but that doesn't really matter.

I'm not really sure how I'm feeling at the moment. It hasn't really sunk in that I am on holiday now. I got a work call this morning so I guess that proves I can never really get away, but I associate Shipham with peace so I think it will definitely help to be here.

No comments: