Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Ipod music setup

Haven't received the ipod yet, but thought I'd start gearing up for when it arrives. So downloaded itunes (quite cool program to install music on ipods) and began the process of transferring all of the music from my CD's to this library on my laptop. Discovered that it takes a long time and seems to be using up a fair amount of space. Not a problem for the hard drive on the laptop, but I 'only' have 20Gb on the ipod. And I'm starting to wonder if the plan to have all of my CD's on the ipod is going to work. Because I don't think I'm going to have enough space. How crap is that? Or how crap am I?? And does this really matter actually???

2 comments:

Pep said...

Yossarian is right, you need masses of tracks to fill 20GB... how many do you have then??? Must be an impressive collection, mate!
I think I've used only half of my 20GB and that's including the junk that i never listen to, but thought I'd put it on... well, just because it was there.

:)

Dom said...

I've never been good at Maths, but I'm just doing some rough calculations in my head. According to itunes I've got 200 songs on the playlist which uses about 1Gb of memory. According to my calculator that will total approximately 4000 songs. Which is cool. But I'm looking at the box of CD's and I don't think I'm 1/20th of the way through. I think I've been collecting CD's for too many years now ...