Tuesday, February 08, 2005

New Years resolutions

It's nearly mid-February so time for some New Years resolutions. I'm not really that into the usual 'lose weight, get fit, drink less' crap because it's abit tacky and I think you should have more spedifically self-defined objectives. And by putting them online I'll have them as a good reminder and people can give me a hard time if I start to stray. And it'll be interesting to look back on this post at the end of the year. So here goes...

(in no particular order)

1. Eat less carbohydrates/starch and smaller meals. Not specifically to lose weight, but I have felt a lot healthier since I've been doing this. And I think it will be a better lifystyle going forward if I am in the habit of it.

2. From the Summer take up Tai-Chi once again. And go regularly to the classes. Because I used to enjoy it a lot, and I think it will help me relax and focus more. And hopefully Janet will want to come too we can learn together.

3. Go to at least one major motorsport event this year. Didn't last year and missed the buzz. Maybe the Goodwood Circuit Revival again because we can dress up at the same time (it's a historic motorsport event and pretty unique in the world).

4. Get Janet moved and settled in the UK. Bit of an open-ended aim, but I think it needs to be because neither of us knows how this will work out.

5. Make a point of going to visit friends around the Uk and Europe. we talk a lot, but there's nothing like proper human contact. And some of them have made the effort to come to me and I've been crap about going back.

6. Get the house fully networked and ordered. And look into getting a conservatory or converting the roof. Some of this will have to wait until Janet is over because her furniture will play a key part in this.

7. Change job after the Summer so that I have to do less business travellling. Since I've cut down my life has got a lot better, so it's definitely the way to go.

8. Finally complete a Playstation game. I've come close, but always lost interest right at the end. Or found it too hard. Or not had the time.

9. Focus more time on photography. I've learnt a fair amount in the past few months, but there's so much more to see and do. It gives me great pleasure so why don't I do it more?!

Let's see how this works out!

5 comments:

Dom said...

I see this as me drawing my line in the sand. This is where I am and where I plan to be in a few months time. That's all. Life is fluid and constantly changing so these objectives may 'evolve' in the coming months. I think if you stick to something too rigidly then that can be more negative as not achieving something.

naughtygirl said...

i love taking pics. and i ahve completed a few diff playstaion games. like nickelodeon games. they are the most fun to me. oh and def jams fight for ny. thats it. thats a long list of resolutions. hope you keep it

filthy cute! said...

hello there dom!

so, that's not a bad list . . . seems quite managable. i keep meaning to getting around to posting a list myself. but, see, one of the things i mean not to do so much of this year is procrastinate -- i'm already behind on that one!? oh well, SOMETIMES it's better late than never. good luck with those! if i see the opportunity to give you a hard time about them i will! ;-)

c.

Pep said...

Good todo list there.

:)

Dom said...

Sparx - good luck with GT3. Got to 98.5% with everything won, and then found I also needed to get Gold in every driving test. I like to think I have the talent, but also a life so can't devote the next 6 months to getting the licences sorted. And GT4 is out next month which is going to be SOOOOO cool!

Nerd post alert.