Monday, May 09, 2005

A week-end away

Monday morning again, I can't believe it. They seem to sneak up so fast! Spent the week-end in Portsmouth with some new friends, and had a couple of great days. It's a wonderful city and one I'd never visited as far as I can remember. Full of history (mainly naval), but with a lot else to offer as well. If I say I was surprised it sounds harsh. But there was a lot more to the place than I'd imagined. I'll post some great pics later.

Went there to spend a couple of days with an old friend who is going back to live in Sweden shortly. It was great to see her, although there was so much socalising it wasn't always easy to hang out and chat. It was also a chance to hang out with my new best friend Terri, who I've been working on a blog with recently. She's a friend of Ulri's and we sort of got chatting online through her. It's very strange to be talking to someone online for a while and then to meet them in the flesh. 2D and 3D are very different. Neither better than the other, but just different. Good though. I did a post a while ago about can online friendships be the same as real world ones, and this kind of bridges the gap. Terri and I have talked a fair amount in the preceding weeks, but it was cool to hang out and be pretty comfortable with each other as well. A friend for life.

No comments: