Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I am now a landlord

My apologies for being away for a week. Totally unacceptable and I grovel mercifully. But it has been a pretty manic few days, and it's tough (still) not having the Internet at work. It means that any posting I do must be done at home, and I've been so whacked for the past few days that I just couldn't face it. But I figure I'd better get something down now.

The big news is that I now have a couple of people living with me which is very strange. I've lived alone for the best part of the last 5 years so having others around is going to be interesting I think. There will be a period of adjustment for all of us I guess. And we'll have our good days and bad days, but on the whole I'm very positive about them being there. Their names are Theresa and Dale, and you can see what they're about from links on the left of my blog. They moved up on Saturday and are both taking a few days to adjust to London and get over the shock of leaving the sea behind. It also gives them a chance to get themselves and the house organised while I'm at work. So far they've done a pretty cracking job and they've transformed the house from being a utalitarian bachelor pad (lots of gadgets, not too full cupboards, not too muh lying around to gather dust) to a homely environment (lots of pictures on walls, overflowing cupboards, washing hanging everywhere, garden furniture).

They are both very creative people and it's been lovely coming home and all sitting round the TV and chatting. This is probably very normal to everyone else, but I am finding it hugely stimulating. And we all look at things from different angles so we could be watching the same show, but reading three interpretations from it. Fascinating. I am also being exposed to new foods, and have been threatened with a curry night on an irregular basis (not a huge fan of food that hurts me).

So that's the latest from Chez Dom. We have dial-up internet access at work, but that is driving me more insane each time I use it. I think I might post about how we used to work without e-mail and internet. (How did we do it?).

No comments: