Thursday, September 01, 2005

Office update - joke continues ...

I thought British Gas were pretty dire, and there was no way any other company could sink as deep in terms of customer service. I was wrong. British Telecom plumb new depths!!

Two things happenend today to make me cringe and smile through gritted teeth. Followed by a bit bit of gnashing of said teeth and then that despairing smile you see on people who are losing the will to live. Did my daily call to BT to enquire where we were at with getting ADSL for the office. Was told that there was a problme and we couldn't have ADSL because the local telephone exchange is too full and there is no more room for anyone to get broadband. We have to wait for someone to give up their broadband before we can have it. which is insane and I'm sure not correct. Unless my particular part of London is the busiest broadband user district in the UK (unlikely). Added to the fact that the business park my office is built on is above the biggest telephone exchange in South East england (I've discovered). But BT were most insistent that we couldn't have ADSl and would have to wait in a queue for it. So I've started searching around other providers who do not use the BT cabling, and moght have found a couple of options. Both of which will take between two and four weeks to get sorted. But hopefully this is progress. And it will have meant that my company will have been operating without any connection to the outside world for up to eight weeks!!!

The other cringe worthy moment came when we received a letter from BT saying that unless we paid the set up fee immediately for ADSL they would disconnect us. Am thinking salt/rubbing/wounds/owwww!

No comments: