Friday, September 14, 2012

Sloe update 3


Meg and I made our second jar of Sloe gin last night. I went out and picked some nicely ripe Sloes at lunchtime and then Meg and I spent a happy half hour pricking all of the Sloes and mixing them with the sugar and gin. The ingredients for this one are:

500ml Lidl Gin
300g of fresh pricked Sloes
225g of Sugar

This is now jar number 2.


Meg with the Sloe Gin ingredients - Sept 2012


Meg and I had a lovely time chatting about her day. She told me how she was play leader and was looking after some of the younger children. It's amazing that she's now in Year 2, the senior class of the Infant school! She'd been invited to a friends birthday party in a couple of weeks and she is looking forward to seeing Erica who's now back from holiday. It was lovely just being relaxed with her and chatting away like father and daughter. It's the way it should be really. It didn't feel like an effort to talk to her and be with her and I hope we can do something like this regularly. I think the key is probably to find something for us to be getting on with together. Theresa commented in the evening how nice it was to hear us both chatting away outside and that meant a lot.

No comments: