Thursday, September 13, 2012

More cycle training


I took Meg out cycling again last night and she progressed hugely again. From the first launch she was cycling unaided and did the turns at both ends of the path pretty much by herself. She even tried standing up on the pedals and pushing harder at one point which was both scary and made me very proud. Theresa, Joel and Grandad came to watch which really made her evening I think. It was lovely for her and for the others to be able to see how much she has progressed. It’s just a shame that she’s not quite tall enough to be able to ride safely yet.

My attitude to it all was much better. I had a word with myself before we went out and was genuinely positive about everything that Meg was doing. I am very impressed with the quick progress she has made and I think if we can keep the practising going for a little while she will be well setup for when she’s a bit taller. I also enjoyed being out there with her and in a funny way it distressed me a little being with my daughter doing something.

 

No comments: