Thursday, September 09, 2004

Nearly the end of the holiday

It's Thursday evening and I'm looking out of the window of my parents house at another stunning sunset. Even though I have been lucky enough to see many incredible sunsets around the world (and many great ones from Waycroft) the magic of them still hits me every time. I hope this is a fascination and excitement that will live with me until the end of my days in this life.

It's been a good week and I do feel most chilled I have to confess. I haven't thought about work. At all. Janet and I have seen some cool things and been to some cool places. We've been blessed with incredible weather which makes sightseeing so much more agreeable. I'm not bothered at all about rain or clouds or anything like that, but it is nice to feel the sun on my bones in early September. I think it also shows that something is definitely not connecting properly with the weather if we have rain and cold in July and August, and then 25 degrees in September! Go figure!!

And tomorrow is our last day in Waycroft before the hike back to London. Unusually I don't have a problem with going back. Maybe I'm getting more seasoned in London. Or maybe it's the sneaking hope that I only have a few weeks left in East Ham. Charlton Court has been good to me over the past couple of years, but I do yearn to have a house now. And Winchcombe Road appeared lovely when we went round the other week. Hopefully everything will work out OK, and I'll be moving in a month or so. Fingers crossed and all that.

It's been a fairly momentous week as well. Janet and I have decided that she will move to London around end of June next year. It's a significant decision for both of us, but in different ways. For her because it's a complete move from everything she has know and lived with. She's not traveled as much as me and it would involve living in a new culture, with a new language, finding new friends and a new job. For me because I like my space very much and love being alone. Also the last time someone moved to be with me it all went horribly wrong. I'm a lot older and wiser since then, but it is a demon that is sitting in the background. I'm confident everything would work out OK and we would have a great life. It's just this is as big for me as committing to staying in London by buying somewhere there.

And now the sun has set on another day. Another good day. Being a relatively simple guy with relatively simple needs I'm now going to make myself some dinner!

No comments: