Thursday, March 03, 2005

SARS or bird `flu?

Well, apparently neither. I started to get a tight chest yesterday and was coughing a lot. I haven`t finished registering with a doctor yet (it takes a while in London) so I went to the local hospital. I knew I was supposed to fly to Munich on Thursday so I thought I`d check to see if I was fit enough to fly. Given my recent illnesses I`m taking no chances at the moment. So after a couple of hours of waiting in Accident & Emergency I got to see a doctor and ended up having an x-ray on my chest. Which turned out to be completely clear and he said my lungs "look healthy and strong". He did say that I don`t sound right and defintely should do some more checks, but my lungs are OK. Am completely confused and am now wondering if I`ve become a hypercondriac or something. I don`t think I have and I definitely don`t feel right, but wtf?

On a better note the home PC arrived yesterday and I should be online next week. I can`t wait to be able to spend proper time doing stuff online and not have to have irritating distractions like bosses hanging around.

Talking of which ...

4 comments:

naughtygirl said...

im so glad well be seeing more of you!sorry you feel ill. i do too!

cedia said...

Get better soon! Can't live w/out computers. Glad you're back in with technology.

Anonymous said...

I had the similar malady about two years ago. After the same "clear xray" they determined it was light pneumonia and the four day regimen of antibiotics did the trick. That was one miserable experience. Good luck beating it.

Pep said...

That's hospital staff for ya!
"I do x-rays, I don't do viruses"

Nice one!! (not)

Ever read Stephen King? Captain Trips, lad! Careful now!!

:)