Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sloe update 2


I received my four new jars last night and transfered the liquid and berries into one of them. I discovered I had some room left in the jar so I topped it up. The ingredients in jar 1 are:

350g of frozen bashed Sloes
240g of Sugar
450ml of Tesco Gin.

This new jar is watertight so I will be able to turn it and shake it safely. The plan now is to leave it sealed until near Christmas and then taste and adjust as needed. I will put a proper label on it shortly for reference.

As I have my new jars now I am going to go and pick some more Sloes one lunchtime and make another jar. I now know from this jar what sort of quantity will fit in a jar. My plan is to make four jars worth of Sloe Gin, which will give me about 1.5 litres in total. I will try and put different aged Sloes in each jar and keep the other ingredients the same so we can do a proper taste test at Christmas.

No comments: